Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Rotation tape problem

2009-11-30 15:32:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] Rotation tape problem
From: Inno <innop AT voila DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:30:25 +0100 (CET)
Hello bacula-users.

I need some help. I have a problem with bacula-sd options for a weekly tapes
rotation.
I have a LTO-4 and bacula 2.4.4-1 on a debian amd64.
Every week I change the tape by another. I have 5 tapes but one slot.
But when I change the tape and i run a backup I have a problem. Bacula want the
last tape and don't accept the new one. I want configure bacula for it load
automatically the tape.

-------------------------------

Example :

Monday to Thursday night : Tape-0001 : Backup OK

Friday : I eject Tape-0001 and I insert Tape-0002

Friday : I type "bconsole -> status -> storage"
- Response --> "Device is not open"
- Response --> "Used Volume : Tape-0001"

Friday Night : Tape-0002 : Backup Error

Friday Night : I type "messages"
- Response --> Error Intput/output

Friday Night : I type "bconsole -> status -> storage"
- Response --> "Device is blocked and waits mount Tape-0001"
- Response --> "Used Volume : Tape-0001"

I restart bacula-sd

I type "bconsole -> status -> storage"
- Response --> "Device is not open"
- Response --> "Used Volume : No used volume"

And now backup with Tape-0002 it's ok ! :-S

-------------------------------

bacula-sd.conf :
Device {
  Name = PV-114
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/st0
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Label Media = yes;
  Volume Poll Interval = 2 minutes;
}

Have you got any idea ?

Thanks !

Innop.

Michael Jackson, Susan Boyle, Black Eyed Peas ... Retrouvez leurs derniers
titres sur http://musiline.voila.fr