Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tape size & speed LTO-1 drive

2009-11-30 12:39:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tape size & speed LTO-1 drive
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Edward M. Markowski" <emm AT edmarkowski DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:36:22 -0500
>    While 6MB/s is slow for LTO-1, one of the biggest things that I have
> seen affect throughput is the rate that the data can be pulled from the
> source disks.

I have a scsi driver initialization problem that causes me domain
validation problems that ends up setting the scsi bus in the lowest
possible scsi speed of 5MB/s on my LTO2 drives. I have verified
several times that the issue is just in the detection so I force the
scsi speed to U160 speed instead.

I did not see that in the OPs post however.

John