Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Possible to downgrade sd/fd from 3.0 to 2.4?

2009-11-30 10:20:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Possible to downgrade sd/fd from 3.0 to 2.4?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Paul Binkley <paul.binkley AT ois DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:17:49 -0500
> Sorry, Director is running 2.4.4 on CentOS 5.3. Storage Daemon is running
> 3.0.2 on a different CentOS 5.3 machine. Director and Storage are fine
> together, but the 2.4.4 director cannot access the 3.0.2 fd (running on the
> sd machine). This is all with sqlite.

I can not help with CentOS but I am sure other members of the list can..

> Do you think upgrading the director is a better solution over the long-term
> since the 3.0 director can talk to 2.4 clients?

I usually do this (upgrade the director first) at work and then slowly
upgrade the clients during their normal upgrade schedule. Also I have
to tell you that I have not pushed 3.X.X into my work network yet so
my testing of this has been limited to 1 director and 2 other clients
on my home network.

John