Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automated Test Suite

2009-11-27 15:51:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automated Test Suite
From: "Lucas B. Cohen" <mli6 AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:47:56 +0100
Hi Dan,

I'm not up to date on this point, but IIRC there had been some
discussion on whether to continue providing the Python API in Bacula,
due to lack of maintainership a while ago. It might not be wise to rely
on Python in Bacula for your project.

ext-daniel.hawker AT nokia DOT com wrote:
> I could integrate this somewhat, by using a separate Verify Job followed by a
> *Run after Job* script. This script could then use Python and the
> Bacula-Python hooks
> to run a restore job and then the rest of the required tests.

If you intened to schedule a separate Verify Job after the Backup job,
why not simply schedule a Restore job after that as well ? This third
job would make use of the RunAfterJob directive, and whichever
additional data integrity/usability tests you wish to run could then be
implemented in the scripting language you prefer.

Best,

--
Lucas B. Cohen

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim." - Edgar W. Dijkstra