Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Block checksum mismatch on HDD, not TAPE

2009-11-26 04:51:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] Block checksum mismatch on HDD, not TAPE
From: Sławomir Paszkiewicz <paszczus AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:48:01 +0100
Hello!
I've been using Bacula and everything was running smoothly but now,
when I must restore some *very, very* important data, bacula tolds me:

25-lis 18:16 bls JobId 1114: Error: block.c:318 Volume data error at
0:684407952!
Block checksum mismatch in block=10610 len=64512: calc=8ee77dde blk=db437eb4

I was searching for that error in google, but all i found was that
probably tape error, which cannot be true cause I do backups to HDD
instead of Tapes.

I was trying to use Volume tools like 'bls' but the error is still the
same. What is interesting is that other backups (from other Bacula
clients) on this server are fine. Only backups from that one client
(which is now the most important one) are corrupted. Are there any
options to 'fix' that volume file? I don`t know if it is bacula error
or hardware error, now I'm testing bacula-dir`s server with memtest86,
but if other backups are fine, that shouldn`t be a hardware problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
paszczus