Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Writing too much data to tape?

2009-11-24 01:06:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Writing too much data to tape?
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:01:57 +0100
Jason Selwitz wrote:
>    Hi there I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem, I'm
> running bacula  2.4.2 on a Gentoo system with a Spectra logic T50
> autochanger and one LTO-4 Drive, all the tests go fine with btape and
> backups have been going fine for over a year and now all of a sudden I'm
> getting tapes every so often that are having 9 ,10, 11 TB or so reported
> to have been written to them when usually I should be seeing 800GB to
> maybe 1.5TB, no major config changes except maybe adding a couple more
> clients. any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi Jason, after the John comment I would add also :

check If in one or more client you are not saving some chrooted daemon
(dhcp,bind,ntp)
as they can remount /proc inside their own directory which can lead to
backuping +- lot of unusefull ram data.
( option onefs = No permit to traverse mount point so you should take care
about good exclusion )

--

     Bruno Friedmann