Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting Bacula to backup Windows Client

2009-11-23 13:27:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting Bacula to backup Windows Client
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:24:36 +0200

On 23.11.2009 19:57, John BORIS wrote:

>> What kind of firewall you have in the windows client?
> No firewall
>
>> Can you ping "jerome" from the command prompt of that machine?
> Yes. I can run the bwx-console and connect o the director on Jerome
> from the Windows Client.
>
>> Can you "telnet jerome 9103" from the command prompt of that machine?
> If
> the telnet just hangs there it might have a connection, but if it says
> "connection refused" there is a problem.
>
> Yes I can telnet to port 9103 on Jerome
>
>> Do you have own DNS in your LAN? Or are the hosts names in some hosts
> files?
> The hosts machines are in host tables but not in DNS as this is a
> private network behind a firewall. The units are all on the same network
> and switch.

Ok, I'm done with this problem; can't help (I myself use version 2.0.2)
as your components seem to be same version 3.0.3 and all good.

Maybe you could start the daemons manually from command line with debug
on (was it -d 99 or something) and see if something comes up.

Hopefully someone comes to rescue, I'm clueless.

(Please do not reply to my email, let's keep this on list only)

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Big book, big bore.
                -- Callimachus