Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting Bacula to backup Windows Client

2009-11-23 13:01:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting Bacula to backup Windows Client
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:57:47 -0500

>What kind of firewall you have in the windows client?
No firewall

>Can you ping "jerome" from the command prompt of that machine?
Yes. I can run the bwx-console and connect o the director on Jerome
from the Windows Client.

>Can you "telnet jerome 9103" from the command prompt of that machine?
If
the telnet just hangs there it might have a connection, but if it says
"connection refused" there is a problem.

Yes I can telnet to port 9103 on Jerome

>Do you have own DNS in your LAN? Or are the hosts names in some hosts
files?
The hosts machines are in host tables but not in DNS as this is a
private network behind a firewall. The units are all on the same network
and switch.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

You will get what you deserve.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"