Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup for a new machine way too small

2009-11-20 13:40:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup for a new machine way too small
From: Toni Mueller <support AT oeko DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:35:29 +0100

Hi,

I just added a new machine to my backup set and tried to run a full
backup. The machine is basically configured like any other, in terms of
what Bacula has to say, but the "compression ratio" was _much_ too good
to be true (~250MB instead of 3 GB, most of it being images). Bacula
claimed that the backup ran OK.

My backups go to disk, with one job = one file, roughly named

I didn't manage to find out what files are actually in a given backup
file, like outlined above. It would be sufficient for me to be able to
use something like 'restore' from the ufsdump package, but I didn't
find my way around 'bconsole' to achieve something similar. I also
tried 'bat', but when I clicked on what I thought was the FileSet
explorer (?), it simply hung after some 15-20 minutes (?), with
three windows in solid grey (no buttons, diagrams, nothing).

These are two Debian/Lenny machines with bacula 2.4.4.

Kind regards,
--Toni++