Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help prunning oldest jobs

2009-11-20 11:48:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help prunning oldest jobs
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:44:32 GMT

> Martin Simmons wrote:
> > The "Terminated Jobs" listing above is not useful for this.
> >
> > Use the "list jobs" command to see what is still in the catalog and the
> > "prune" or "purge" commands to remove jobs.
> >
> > After doing that, if you want to delete the volumes from disk, then use the
> > "delete" command to remove the volume from the catalog before deleting it
> > from
> > disk (e.g. with rm).
> >

> I'm a bit confuse at this point. Wich are the steps to follow? I mean
> for example:
> 1. List media
> 2. Prune (prune expired records from catalog)
> 2. Purge (purge records from catalog)
> Is that right or I miss something?

Sorry, there is no simple sequence of steps, because it depends on which jobs
you want to keep.

If you already know which jobs and volumes you want to delete, then use the
"delete volume" command, which deletes all jobs on a volume and removes the
volume from the catalog.  Then use rm to delete the file.

In other cases, you can use the "prune volume" command and then use "list
volumes" to find any Purged volumes, which can be deleted.

__Martin