Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula plugin exchange 2003 backup

2009-11-19 19:11:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula plugin exchange 2003 backup
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Giuseppe De Nicolo'" <g.denicolo AT itdep.oapointroma DOT org>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:06:56 +1100
> Hello all,
>
>     I m finally configuring my test configuration to run exchange
> backup, I configured my fd like this after reading this
> http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-

manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html#SECTION003200000000000000
000
> to my unbderstanding I have to backup the stores using the plugin and
> not the file selction  ( I would do like that also utilizing Windows
> backup ) I excluded VSS and db filesystem  backup.
>
> FileSet {
>    Name = "Earendil Set"
>    Enable VSS = no
>    Include {
>      Options {
>         signature = MD5
>         compression = GZIP9
>         IgnoreCase = yes
>         }
>     Plugin = "exchange:/@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store"
>         }
>    Exclude {
>       File = C:/Program Files/Exchsrvr/Archivio
>       File = C:/Program Files/Exchsrvr/Dirigenza
>       File = C:/Program Files/Exchsrvr/mdbdata
>       File = C:/Program Files/Exchsrvr/Responsabili
>     }
> }

Ideally, you need to make sure that the directories where the databases
are stored are backed up, but the contents of the directories are not.
In the event of a disaster recovery restore, Exchange will not restore
if the directories do not exist. It is of course sufficient just to
mkdir them before you do the restore.

> At the moment the backup is undergoing 20 gb and running so I assume
> everything is ok ( at least on backup ), I would then try to do a
> restore on the Recovery group I know how to do this in windows but it
is
> not really clear in my mind how to do that using bconsole is there
some
> documentation describing these steps ?

When you create a recovery storage group for a specific database, any
attempt to restore that database gets automatically diverted to the
recovery storage group. As long as the database in the recovery storage
group is set to 'can be overwritten by restore', and the real database
is not, you shouldn't break anything.

James