Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups

2009-11-16 09:34:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups
From: DAve <dave.list AT pixelhammer DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:29:07 -0500
I have tried several things now to correct this error without success.

- Checked and repaired MySQL db with MySQL tools (mysqlcheck).

- Cleaned MySQL db with bacula tools (dbcheck).

- The offending pool has been removed and a new pool created and volumes
added. The backup ran without error over two weeks and then the error
returned.

- The temp directory has been changed to a directory with more than
enough space to contain the entire backup set.

- The backup job has been moved in the schedule to a period that was not
concurrent with any other job.

Still, the one job that has 200GB+ of files succeeds, and the job with
only 60GB fails, same error.

16-Nov 08:25 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-11-16_01.00.02 Warning: Error
updating job record. sql_update.c:194 Update problem: affected_rows=0
16-Nov 08:25 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-11-16_01.00.02 Warning: Error
getting job record for stats: sql_get.c:293 No Job found for JobId 20947

I am at a loss to understand why. The volumes can be pruned almost
immediately as the backup is only for DR purposes and each volume will
be recycled each night. The only problem I see is that the client is
paying for 60GB and the backups have begun using more than that amount,
so volumes are being reused within the current backup.

I will next try increasing the number of volumes to see if that helps.

Still open to suggestions, more than happy to repost all files.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org