Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] hang immediately after "Start UA server"

2009-11-03 07:34:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] hang immediately after "Start UA server"
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: jrhett AT netconsonance DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:31:00 GMT

> On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > I recommend getting rid of that MySQL client installation and using
> > the
> > precompiled package for the mysql-client port, which doesn't have this
> > problem.  Version 5.0 is on the media and other versions are on the
> > FreeBSD
> > ftp site.
>
> I downloaded mysql51-client from the freebsd site, and tried it out.
> Results?
>
> 1.  Using it with the bacula compiled against the old revision
> produced an immediate error at the exact same point, saying it
> couldn't find the pthread function.   So yeah, bacula had bound to a
> pthread call inside mysql and the downloaded client didn't have it.
>
> Great!   So now I just recompile bacula against this mysql and it
> should fall through to the system pthread implementation, right?  Nope.
>
> /d/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-3.0.3/libtool --silent
> --tag=CXX --mode=link /usr/bin/c++  -L/usr/local/lib -L../lib -L../
> cats -L../findlib -o bacula-dir dird.o admin.o authenticate.o
> autoprune.o backup.o bsr.o catreq.o dir_plugins.o dird_conf.o expand.o
> fd_cmds.o getmsg.o inc_conf.o job.o jobq.o migrate.o mountreq.o
> msgchan.o next_vol.o newvol.o pythondir.o recycle.o restore.o
> run_conf.o scheduler.o ua_acl.o ua_cmds.o ua_dotcmds.o ua_query.o
> ua_input.o ua_label.o ua_output.o ua_prune.o ua_purge.o ua_restore.o
> ua_run.o ua_select.o ua_server.o ua_status.o ua_tree.o ua_update.o
> vbackup.o verify.o  -lbacfind -lbacsql -lbacpy -lbaccfg -lbac -lm   -L/
> usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lpthread  -lintl  -lwrap  -
> lssl -lcrypto
> backup.o(.text+0x1691): In function `send_accurate_current_files(JCR*)':
> : undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
> JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
> backup.o(.text+0x16d6): In function `send_accurate_current_files(JCR*)':
> : undefined reference to `db_list_handler(void*, int, char**)'
> ua_restore.o(.text+0x2076): In function
> `user_select_jobids_or_files(UAContext*, RESTORE_CTX*)':
> : undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
> JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
> vbackup.o(.text+0xe95): In function `do_vbackup(JCR*)':
> : undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
> JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
> /usr/local/lib/libbacsql.so: undefined reference to
> `__error@libmysqlclient_16'
> *** Error code 1

Do you have the broken bacula package installed in /usr/local still (or at
least is /usr/local/lib/libbacsql.so still there)?  This build is erroneously
trying to link against it, which looks like a bug in the Makefile (putting
-L/usr/local/lib at the beginning).

That should be fixable by uninstalling the old bacula package first.

> Each subdirectory below this also fails out with the same problem.
>
> So I got the latest port from freebsd 5.1.40 and compiled that, and
> compiled 3.0.3 against that and it compiles fine back we're back to
> the same problem.

Sorry, I can't parse your last sentence.  Is this success or failure?

__Martin