Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] hang immediately after "Start UA server"

2009-11-02 22:01:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] hang immediately after "Start UA server"
From: Jo Rhett <jrhett AT netconsonance DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:57:09 -0800
On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:
> I recommend getting rid of that MySQL client installation and using
> the
> precompiled package for the mysql-client port, which doesn't have this
> problem.  Version 5.0 is on the media and other versions are on the
> FreeBSD
> ftp site.

I downloaded mysql51-client from the freebsd site, and tried it out.
Results?

1.  Using it with the bacula compiled against the old revision
produced an immediate error at the exact same point, saying it
couldn't find the pthread function.   So yeah, bacula had bound to a
pthread call inside mysql and the downloaded client didn't have it.

Great!   So now I just recompile bacula against this mysql and it
should fall through to the system pthread implementation, right?  Nope.

/d/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-3.0.3/libtool --silent
--tag=CXX --mode=link /usr/bin/c++  -L/usr/local/lib -L../lib -L../
cats -L../findlib -o bacula-dir dird.o admin.o authenticate.o
autoprune.o backup.o bsr.o catreq.o dir_plugins.o dird_conf.o expand.o
fd_cmds.o getmsg.o inc_conf.o job.o jobq.o migrate.o mountreq.o
msgchan.o next_vol.o newvol.o pythondir.o recycle.o restore.o
run_conf.o scheduler.o ua_acl.o ua_cmds.o ua_dotcmds.o ua_query.o
ua_input.o ua_label.o ua_output.o ua_prune.o ua_purge.o ua_restore.o
ua_run.o ua_select.o ua_server.o ua_status.o ua_tree.o ua_update.o
vbackup.o verify.o  -lbacfind -lbacsql -lbacpy -lbaccfg -lbac -lm   -L/
usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lpthread  -lintl  -lwrap  -
lssl -lcrypto
backup.o(.text+0x1691): In function `send_accurate_current_files(JCR*)':
: undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
backup.o(.text+0x16d6): In function `send_accurate_current_files(JCR*)':
: undefined reference to `db_list_handler(void*, int, char**)'
ua_restore.o(.text+0x2076): In function
`user_select_jobids_or_files(UAContext*, RESTORE_CTX*)':
: undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
vbackup.o(.text+0xe95): In function `do_vbackup(JCR*)':
: undefined reference to `db_accurate_get_jobids(JCR*, B_DB*,
JOB_DBR*, db_list_ctx*)'
/usr/local/lib/libbacsql.so: undefined reference to
`__error@libmysqlclient_16'
*** Error code 1

Each subdirectory below this also fails out with the same problem.

So I got the latest port from freebsd 5.1.40 and compiled that, and
compiled 3.0.3 against that and it compiles fine back we're back to
the same problem.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness