Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] simple (?) mount/unmount of USB storage device

2009-10-30 18:27:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] simple (?) mount/unmount of USB storage device
From: Michael FIG <michael AT fig DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:55:52 -0600
Hi,

I'm a long-term Bacula user, having used it for file and DVD volume
backups in the past.  I'm scratching my head over what seems like a
really simple requirement, but I can't for the life of me figure it
out right now.

I have a large external USB drive on which I want to write file
volumes, by mounting it as /var/lib/bacula/media

I have everything working to create and rotate files in the
/var/lib/bacula/media directory, but I want to leave the drive
unmounted (and thereby less liable to corruption) as often as
possible, so that bacula-sd "mount"s it as /var/lib/bacula/media to do
the backup, and "umount"s it when the backup is finished.

I've been messing around with the autochanger scripts, but just don't
understand them enough to put something this simple together.

Anybody out there have a suggestion for what to do?

Thanks,

--
Michael FIG <michael AT fig DOT org> //\
   http://michael.fig.org/    \//