Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Auto-labeling of media

2009-10-30 15:42:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Auto-labeling of media
From: Jonathan Bayer <jbayer AT regiscope DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:21:30 -0400
Hi,

We are using Bacula for local backup, to local hard disks.  I am looking
into some sort of remote system, where I can copy files there for
backup.

I'd like to be able to have Bacula open a new disk file, and
automatically label it with a sequential number for every backup.  This
way I can use rsync to sync the directories between the local system and
the remote system.

Is there any way to do this?

JBB