Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups

2009-10-30 17:38:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups
From: DAve <dave.list AT pixelhammer DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:32:09 -0400
DAve wrote:
> Cedric Tefft wrote:
>> DAve wrote:
>>> No change, same error.
>>>
>>> 30-Oct 07:09 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-30_01.00.02 Warning: Error
>>> updating job record. sql_update.c:194 Update problem: affected_rows=0
>>> 30-Oct 07:09 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-30_01.00.02 Warning: Error
>>> getting job record for stats: sql_get.c:293 No Job found for JobId 20604
>>> 30-Oct 07:09 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-30_01.00.02 Error: Bacula
>>> 2.0.3 (06Mar07):
>>>
>>> Baffling.
>>>
>> You might be running out of disk space on /tmp or /var or wherever the
>> DB engine writes its temp tables.   The important thing is that you will
>> probably only see this condition WHILE bacula is actually trying to
>> update the database.  If you check it now, you will probably find you
>> have plenty of space -- don't let that fool you.
>
> Interesting idea. When that client is running I have a another very
> large job that starts before, and ends after.
>
> I will check that out, though I have never seen this with MySQL.
>
> DAve

My /tmp dir had but 300mb left. The client that is backing up, when the
failing backup starts, has 192GB of data and tens of thousands of files.

I changed the mysql tmp dir to another spindle which has 90gb left. It
is also a different spindle than the logs and the database.

We will see at 1am.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org