Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Changed behavior in 3.0.x?

2009-10-05 22:29:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Changed behavior in 3.0.x?
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: "bacula-users (anglais)" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:27:16 -0600
I've upgraded to 3.0.2 from 2.4.x and now it seems when spooling job, that when the SD is despooling, no other jobs will spool until it is finished despooling. I had a very large job running and it started despooling, I was adding a new client with some client run before scripts, so I was testing them. The job would run the script, it executed, then sat there and waited. I thought it was weird so I ran anoher small job without a script and it just sat their waiting. They were both listed as running, but the FD was not tranferring to the SD. As soon as the large job finished despooling both jobs started transferring to the SD. The smaller jobs finished before the second job finished spooling so I wasn't able to see exactly if both jobs started spooling, or they waited in turn. Before the upgrade I constantly had 4 jobs spooling and I changed nothing to do with concurrency. Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University