Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Allow SpoolData=no on the job level to override a schedule's setting

2009-10-30 13:38:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Allow SpoolData=no on the job level to override a schedule's setting
From: Steve Polyack <korvus AT comcast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:19:29 -0400
I've recently enabled spooling on a storage director by turning it on in
the Director and Storage sections of the dir's config.  I've also
enabled it in the schedules where it should be.  However, for a
particular schedule there is one job which I do not want to spool
because it's coming locally from the storage daemon to tape.  I've set
"SpoolData = no" in the job, but this doesn't help.  It appears that
this is overwritten by the schedule's "SpoolData=yes" setting.

Is the only solution to NOT set the spooling flag in the schedule, and
instead set it in every Job?  This seems counter-intuitive, but it may
make sense in other circumstances.

If there's no other way, would anyone else find a patch to allow job
spooling settings to override those of a schedule?  Perhaps an
"OverrideScheduleSpooling" directive could be used...

Thanks,
Steve