Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] weird directory mode/date

2009-10-25 10:00:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] weird directory mode/date
From: Avi Rozen <avi.rozen AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:56:30 +0200
Hi,

I'm running Bacula/sqlite v3.0.2 on Debian/squeeze (package version is
3.0.2-3+b1).

I've noticed the following peculiar output when listing files in
bconsole during restore:

$ dir
drwxr-xr-x  184 root     root         12288  2009-07-04 10:57:41  /etc/
----------   0 root     root             0  1970-01-01 02:00:00  /home/
drwxr-xr-x  50 root     root          4096  2009-06-28 11:18:19  /root/
----------   0 root     root             0  1970-01-01 02:00:00  /var/

After restoring files from the 0 mode directories, the directories are
restored with their mode set incorrectly (and apparently arbitrarily) to
0751/drwxr-x--x, instead of the original mode (in my case: 0755/drwxr-xr-x).

Furthermore, modification date/time for such directories is set to their
restore time.

In all cases the owner was root, but I have a hunch that ownership is
also lost.

The corresponding fileset is:

FileSet {
  Name = machine-cycle-fileset
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = SHA1
      compression = GZIP
      Exclude = yes
      # Exclusions
      WildDir = "/home/*/.mozilla*/*/*/Cache"
      WildDir = "/home/*/.mozilla*/*/ImapMail"
      WildDir = "/home/*/.thumbnails"
      WildDir = "/home/*/.Trash"
      WildDir = "/home/*/temp"
      WildDir = "/home/*/tmp"
      WildDir = "/home/*/.cache"
    }
    File = /home/avrozen
    File = /root
    File = /etc
    File = /var/www
    File = /var/lib/bacula
  }
}

My guess is that parent directories of directories that are specified
with the File directive are shown/stored with 0 as their mode and date
(in my case: /home, /var and /var/lib)

Is this a configuration problem, expected/documented behavior, or a bug?

Cheers,
Avi.