Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FD error (UPDATE)

2009-10-22 15:21:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FD error (UPDATE)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: gilberto.nunes AT selbetti.com DOT br
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:18:26 -0400
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
<gilberto.nunes AT selbetti.com DOT br> wrote:
> Well John
>
> I try follow your idea, but without sucess...
> Maybe bacula doesn't work in a WAN enviroment..

I know others on this list were able to get this working.

Did you reboot the bacula server after you added the FQDN to the
Address line of bacula-sd.conf?

Did you put the FQDN in the host file of the client?

When you ping the FQDN from the client does it use the expected
address? I am asking this because you probably will not want to pick a
FQDN that is in your DNS or other name service. Because the FQDN will
need have a different ip address on the network that the server is on
versus the external network.

John