Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] First Backup Completed - but still confusion, full backup only 23M?

2009-10-22 13:04:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] First Backup Completed - but still confusion, full backup only 23M?
From: "Gabriel - IP Guys" <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>
To: <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:59:57 +0100

Dear List,

Finally! After some help from you guys, I’ve managed to get my first full backup running!! Admittedly, the FD, SD, and DIR are all on the same machine, and the client is the machine in question... BUT, I got it to work! First time using Bacula, didn’t know anything about it two weeks ago, and I’ve finally got it running. Only problem is, my first backup was only 21M ?!?!? I’ve got 1.5G on disk. Now, I know that there are compression algorithms, but HEY! They are not THAT good! Any ideas, hints, tips as to why a full backup is only 23M?

---

Kind Regards,

Mr Gabriel