Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Building bacula-fd on OpenBSD 4.5

2009-10-16 14:26:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Building bacula-fd on OpenBSD 4.5
From: "Mike Erdely" <mike AT erdelynet DOT com>
To: "Martin Simmons" <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:56:51 -0400
Martin Simmons wrote:

>> On Wednesday, 14 October 2009 17:38:59 +0100,
>> Martin Simmons wrote:
>> # DGB - 20091012
>> # Starting bacula-fd on boot
>> if [ -x /etc/bacula/scripts/bacula-ctl-fd ]; then
>>         /etc/bacula/scripts/bacula-ctl-fd start
>> fi

Daniel,

I'm the port maintainer for Bacula on OpenBSD.  And this is the way I
start bacula (with /etc/rc.local).

>> There is some way to normally stop daemon during shutdown/reboot of the
>> operating system?

bacula-fd will just stop properly when it receives the kill signal during
the shutdown process.  If that's not good enough for you, you could add a
similar stanza as you use in rc.local to rc.shutdown with s/start/stop/.

Also, the port that's in -current for the latest and greatest Bacula that
should work with only a little tweaking in 4.5.  Email me privately if you
need some help.

> If OpenBSD uses /usr/local/etc/rc.d like FreeBSD, then it would be better
> to add a script there.

It doesn't out of the box.  There are a couple ports that offer a
SysV-like startup process, but rc.local is the preferred way to start
daemons.

-ME