Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Full Backup Pool and Pool in scheduler

2009-10-05 05:56:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Full Backup Pool and Pool in scheduler
From: Peter Allgeyer <peter.allgeyer AT salzburgresearch DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:35:43 +0200
Hi,

the "Full Backup Pool" in the job resource overrides any Pool definition
in the schedule resource. I want to make daily incremental backup with
exception of two full backups in one week. Every two weeks there should
be a full backup on a seperate bank pool (for tapes goimng outside the
institute). I defined the the correct Pools (full, bank, incremental)
and referred to them in the scheduler. The first incremental backup
shoud also go to the full-pool and not into the incremental pool,
because, it's a full backup. I tried adding "Full Backup Pool" to the
job resource and it's correctly used, then a "!incremental full backup
is made. But it also overrides the Pool defined in the schedule
resource, so that I can have only one full backup pool :-( Do you think,
that this behaviour is correct? BTW: I know that I can have copy and
migrate jobs doing my bank backups, but currently we own only one tape
drive and all full backups are going to tape.

Regards,
 P. Allgeyer
--
Peter Allgeyer          Salzburg|Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Dipl.-Inform. Univ.                     Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 5/III