Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Strange problem with Bacula

2009-10-02 16:34:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Strange problem with Bacula
From: Reynier Pérez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:44:56 -0400
Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> No unfortunately this is made at compilation configuration.
I see

> Don't know what type of package are you using or personal compilation ?
I compile from sources, it's my choice because packages sometimes are
not good (IMHO) and I'm using Ubuntu Server as base software.

> Really I would give it a try.
Try to recompile the Bacula sources? Is that what you said?

> You should correct this, ( not for bacula, but I think it's more sane to have
> computer set at correct time )
I'm not the admin in that client. I just only install and configure the
client. I'll suggest this to the admin of this client.

> You should have a sort of graph ( plot data ) from a cron script running
> every minute
> doing a df to see which disk are full.
I'm not a expert on this. Could you guide me trough this?

> Another thing I don't understand in your system is the following
>    FD Files Written:       1,485,967
>    SD Files Written:       1,485,967
>    FD Bytes Written:       12,884,698,790 (12.88 GB)
>    SD Bytes Written:       13,248,509,521 (13.24 GB)
>    Software Compression:   42.9 %
>    Last Volume Bytes:      170,315,546,746 (170.3 GB)
> Last line : how can this be possible ? it's 11 times the initial backup !
>
> At customers site I get more normal result also 3.0.2 version with postgresql
>
>   FD Files Written:       290,332
>   SD Files Written:       290,332
>   FD Bytes Written:       118,522,524,993 (118.5 GB)
>   SD Bytes Written:       118,566,289,033 (118.5 GB)
>   Rate:                   17468.3 KB/s
>   Software Compression:   13.8 %
>   Volume name(s):         MDAY-VENDREDI
>   Volume Session Id:      95
>   Volume Session Time:    1251132153
>   Last Volume Bytes:      118,667,465,810 (118.6 GB)
>
> And every jobs look like this.
> Forget this, I'm purging and recycling volume, You are adding 13,24GB to a
> 154GB volume so everything normal here.
Purging and recycling volumes? It's good to have this? I mean wich are
the advantages of this?

> Really I've no idea more than sitting in front of some tools, to check what's
> going wrong live.
> Try to raise the postgresql log (during backup) to see if you get some clue
> from it.
Maybe this is the only thing I have left. Grrrr I hate this kind of
errors ;)

> Have nice week-end in any case.
You too
Regards and thanks for your reply