Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Exchange Server 2007

2009-10-02 07:28:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Exchange Server 2007
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:25:03 +0300
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 17:03:10 Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 04:38:42PM +0300, Silver Salonen wrote:
> > OK, although I left VSS on in the fileset. I managed to do one successful
> > restore (from full+incr) backup, but since then all the restores have
> > failed - sometimes bacula-fd dying, sometimes just getting "Error:
> > HrESERestoreComplete failed with error 0xc7ff1004 - Unknown error" from
> > FD. Could the error be caused by VSS?
>
> No, I don't think so. I had very similar problems when trying to restore.
> If you do not do everything *exactly* right, the file daemon has a tendency
> to crash rather than tell you anything useful.
> I have an open bug report about this. It is bug number 1348.
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1348
>
> Remember that there are two ways to do the restore - one is with a
>  'recovery storage group', and the other is directly to the storage group
>  itself. You need to make sure that the databases are 'dismounted' and set
>  to be allowed to be overwritten. The procedures are different on Exchange
>  2003 and 2007.
>
> Reading the bug report and messages attached to it might help you.
> Also, searching around the mailing list archives, or google, might help.

I'm trying to restore through 'recovery storage group' - I have databases
dismounted there and they're set to be overwritten too. I've deleted the
'recovery storage group' and created it again with the according settings
multiple times, but it doesn't help.

Currently I've got some weird issue with Bacula server too - I cannot restore
Exchange at all, because when trying to do that through 'Restore' and choosing
'Select Files', Bacula says: "For one or more of the JobIds selected, no files
were found, so file selection is not possible." Jobs 3416,3544,3587,3673,3828
were selected, but when checking 'Browse Cataloged Files', there seems to be 2
more jobs that were not included in that selection.

When browsing backups via 'Browse Cataloged Files', everything seems OK, so
maybe I'll just try restoring from there then..

--
Silver