Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-sd crashing on Suse 10SP2

2009-10-02 06:17:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-sd crashing on Suse 10SP2
From: Evan Fraser <Evan.Fraser AT rms DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:57:53 +0100

Hello,

I’ve just installed bacula 3.0.2 on a SLES 10 SP2 system.  I’m using a Dell ML-6000 tape library with 6 LTO4 tape drives.

My problem is that the bacula-sd process keeps crashing during backups.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I compiled bacula from the SRPMs on the target system.  The RPM’s claim to require GLIBC 2.5, but SLES 10SP2 only has GLIBC 2.4.  Is this likely to be the source of my problem?  If so, should I use an older version of bacula?

Many thanks,

Evan.

Evan Fraser

Senior Systems Analyst

Peninsular House, 30 Monument Street

London EC3R 8NB, United Kingdom

Tel +44 20 7444 7860

Mobile +44 75 9024 5788

evan.fraser AT rms DOT com

www.rms.com

This message and any attachments contain information that may be RMS Inc. confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), and have received this message in error, any use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail and permanently deleting the message from your computer and/or storage system.