Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cancelling job on PASSIVE node

2009-09-30 14:37:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cancelling job on PASSIVE node
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:34:03 +0200
Hello,

30.09.2009 17:37, Dajka Tamas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a lot of machines running heartbeat and DRBD - the machines
> are of course in pairs.
>
> I want to have a backup on the drbd partitions, but they are only
> mounted on the ACTIVE node. Is it possibe to cancel ( NOT fail )
> the backup job on the passive node somehow? Execute a script before
> job and give "cancellation" exit code or something like this?

Yes. Use a script run before - depending on your version of Bacula,
it's either "Client Run Before Job" or the Run Script resource with
the proper settings. You need to exit your script with a non-zero
return code on the passive node, and zero on the active on - that
should be all that's necessary.

> I cannot set up an FD on both nodes on the shared IP, because than
> the FD won't start on the passive node, since it cannot bind to the
> address. Or can I use FDAddress = *:9102 and same names/pass on
> both nodes?

I don't know... you'll have to try it, or ask someone who knows more
about heartbeat-based HA clustering than me :-)

Arno

> Thanks a lot,
>

> Tamas

Arno Lehmann