Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Exchange Server 2007

2009-09-29 10:20:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Exchange Server 2007
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:38:42 +0300
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 16:29:32 Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 02:46:40PM +0200, Torsten Maus wrote:
> > I am currently installing and trying to backup a Exchange Server 2007,
> > (OS: Windows 2003 Server).
>
> I've tried it on Windows 2008 Server + Exchange 2007, and I've tried it on
> Windows 2003 Server + Exchange 2003.
>
> I've not tried it with Windows 2003 Server + Exchange 2007.
> (more below...)
>
> > I installed the bacula fd (Version 3.0.2). I uncomment the
> > plugin line in the configuration file, I also look in to the directory (
> > C:/Program Files (x86)/Bacula/fdplugins/) their I find the .dll file
> > which was named, exchange-fd.dll .
> >
> > ( Hopefully so far so good).
> >
> > I configured the client and job in backup, than I specified the fileset
> > which looks like this:
> >

> > FileSet {
> >    Name = "exchange"
> >    Enable VSS = no
> >    Include {
> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox
> >       Plugin = "exchange:@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store"
> >
> >    }
> >

> >    Exclude {
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E00.chk
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E00.log
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E000000F.log
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E0000010.log
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E0000011.log
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/E00tmp.log
> >

> >       File = C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> > Storage Group/Mailbox/priv1.edb
> >

> >    }
> >

> > }
> >

> > I swichted off VSS because I red in an other mail comment on the list,
> > that VSS should be disabled, or at least it makes it easier to identify
> > whether the exchange plugin is working or not.
> >
> > So but if I run the job the plugin does nothing, because in the report
> > E-Mails I red:
> >
> > 29-Sep 13:45 exchange-fd JobId 19648:      Cannot open "C:/Program
> > Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First Storage Group/Mailbox
> > Database.edb": ERR=The process cannot access the file because it is being
> > used by another process.
> >
> > I do not know what I did wrong, or where is my mistake, helpfully you can
> > help me because I am quite frustrated.
>
> This is what the fileset that I've been using looks like:
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "Windows Exchange Server data"
>   Ignore FileSet Changes = yes
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = MD5
>       compression = GZIP9
>       IgnoreCase = yes
>     }
> [...]

I just tested Bacula with Windows server 2003 and Exchange 2007 - backup works
OK, although I left VSS on in the fileset. I managed to do one successful
restore (from full+incr) backup, but since then all the restores have failed -
sometimes bacula-fd dying, sometimes just getting "Error: HrESERestoreComplete
failed with error 0xc7ff1004 - Unknown error" from FD. Could the error be
caused by VSS?

--
Silver