Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Strange problem with Bacula

2009-09-24 23:27:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Strange problem with Bacula
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: rperezm AT uci DOT cu
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:24:06 -0700
Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Cedric Tefft wrote:
>> Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
>> Probably /tmp.  Run "show variables where Variable_name = 'tmpdir';"
>> in mysql to find out for sure.
>
> I use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL. What this query should return? How
> I can run the same query in Postgres? I suspect it may be a thing of
> the postgres tablespaces because I use the default tablespace.
I don't know what the equivalent would be in Postgres, or if there is an
equivalent.  What you're looking for is the directory Postgres uses when
it needs to write temporary tables to disk.  I suggest checking the
Postgres manual and/or Google.

> I tought this lines are a little suspicious, don't you think?
>
> 23-Sep 03:17 serverbacula-dir JobId 2215: Fatal error:
> sql_create.c:825 Fill File table Query failed: INSERT INTO File
> (FileIndex, JobId, PathId, FilenameId, LStat, MD5)SELECT
> batch.FileIndex, batch.JobId, Path.PathId,
> Filename.FilenameId,batch.LStat, batch.MD5 FROM batch JOIN Path ON
> (batch.Path = Path.Path) JOIN Filename ON (batch.Name =
> Filename.Name): ERR=ERROR:  could not write to hash-join temporary
> file: No space left on device
Well, it's an ERROR message, so it's definitely not good, but
"suspicious"?  No.

>> Be aware that if the problem really is a lack of temp space, you
>> would probably only see /tmp at or near capacity WHILE bacula is
>> actively trying to update the database (i.e. not before or after).
>
> So /tmp will be full capacity WHILE bacula try to save data? Is that
> what you said?
Yes.