Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Device "FileStorage" with MediaType "File" requested by DIR not found in SD Device resources.

2009-09-14 03:52:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Device "FileStorage" with MediaType "File" requested by DIR not found in SD Device resources.
From: Roger Meier <roger.meier AT 4synergy DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:35:41 +0200
Hi all

We have some problem with bacula. I don't know where the Problem is,
because all of our
7 hosts have the same configuration (only different include/exclude file
list and hostname)

All works fine now for some weeks, but now since 3-4 days we have the
following problem,
on some of our system (not all, some works):

14-Sep 01:05 lin-backup1-sd JobId 990: Fatal error:
     Device "FileStorage" with MediaType "File" requested by DIR not found in
SD Device resources.
14-Sep 01:05 lin-backup1-dir JobId 990: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "FileStorage" because:
     3924 Device "FileStorage" not in SD Device resources.
14-Sep 01:05 lin-backup1-dir JobId 990: Fatal error: Max wait time exceeded.
Job canceled.

We have setup a cancel after 4 hours, but this shoul'd not happen,
because the run of the
backup is max. 1-2 hours.

We have one Backup Host with one DIR and hone SD Daemon. See config
snipped below:

bacula-dir.conf:
# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
  Name = File
  Address = lin-backup1.intra
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "pw4backup-sd"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /data/backup
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  Autochanger = no
}

I don't know where the Problem is , because this config works some weeks
but now this Errors :(

Bacula Version: Version: 3.0.1 (30 April 2009) on a CentOS 5.3

Greetings
Roger Meier