Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.2 Packages for Solaris and OpenSolaris

2009-09-11 10:09:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.2 Packages for Solaris and OpenSolaris
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:04:21 -0400

Alan Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, mehma sarja wrote:
>

>> The user community should make an effort to offer pre-compiled fd's and sd's
>> for various OSes. I was in the same dilemma.
>>

> The user community DOES make an effort to do this.
>
> If they don't exist then noone running your OS has gotten around to it.
> Why not take up the challenge? :)
>
> AB
>

>> Yudhvir
>> ===
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Joseph L. Casale
>> <JCasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>wrote:
>>

>>> Anyone know of existing Bacula 3.0.2 packages for these
>>> two distros?
>>>
>>> Blastwaves are old and I don't want to compile from source
>>> on these production machines.

I always compile from source on production Solaris 9 & 10 machines.
Otherwise, I'm stuck with old packages and missing the latest security
updates. People get hacked for not staying up to date on things like
openssh, bind, php, etc. Backup software less so. I use sunfreeware for
various utilities and things so that I don't have to make a production
out of everything. But important, principal software, I compile from the
latest source, always keeping an eye on security alerts.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator