Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LVM raw device backup

2009-09-10 02:19:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] LVM raw device backup
From: Heince Kurniawan <thelipsia AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:14:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I have a server with xen virtualization.
Guest (domU) image is based on host (dom0) created lvm image.

I do a backup from bacula:
- before script is create a snapshot
- backup snapshot image (not file based, because i prefer not)
- after script is remove snapshot

backup process is fine.
restore process only work if it is restored on same device, which mean same lvm
on the host (dom0), some how there always some data corrupted.
I have read the current state of bacula about raw device backup/restore.

The question is how do i 'portable' the backup, so that i can restore it to different lv in same or different host (dom0). Recreate the lv with the same name is not working too.

What is bacula 'refer' to when restoring image ?
Advise / help needed.

Thanks