Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Howto make bacula unmount a disk after backup?

2009-08-30 09:06:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Howto make bacula unmount a disk after backup?
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 05:36:49 -0700
 > [Bacula-users] Howto make bacula unmount a disk after backup?
 > From: Adam <ald.bulk@go...> - 2009-08-24 23:10
 >
 > I have looked at bug report 830 on the bug reports list and it would
appear
 > that it has not been fixed. I am using version 3.0.2 of Bacula with the
 > following device configuration. The device is not unmounted after the
job is
 > executed.
 >
 > Device {
 > Name = USBBackup1
 > Media Type = ExtUSB
 > Device Type = File
 > LabelMedia = yes
 > Random Access = yes
 > Requires Mount = yes
 > Removable Media = yes
 > AlwaysOpen = yes
 > Mount Point = "/dev/disk/by-label/usb-backup-1"
 > Mount Command = "/bin/mount %m"
 > Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %m"
 > Archive Device = "/mnt/usb-backup-1/backup"
 > Maximum File Size = 10485760
 > }
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Adam

 From what I can tell, I'm having exactly the same problem.  I am also
running 3.0.2.  As a test, I tried logging calls to the mount and
unmount commands with wrapper scripts like so:

Device {
  Name = BackupDrive
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/backup/volumes
  Mount Point = /mnt/backup
  Mount Command = "/etc/bacula/mount-wrapper %m"
  Unmount Command = "/etc/bacula/umount-wrapper %m"
  Requires Mount = yes
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = Yes
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  AlwaysOpen = no
  Offline On Unmount = Yes      # Also tried "no"

}

The wrappers are pretty much what you would expect:

# cat /etc/bacula/umount-wrapper
#!/bin/sh
echo umount-wrapper called as $0 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 >>
/tmp/mount.log
/bin/umount $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 >> /tmp/mount.log 2>&1

+++++++

# cat /etc/bacula/mount-wrapper
#!/bin/sh
echo mount-wrapper called as $0 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 >> /tmp/mount.log
/bin/mount $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 >> /tmp/mount.log 2>&1

+++++++

After running a couple of backup jobs, I looked at the mount log:

# cat /tmp/mount.log
mount-wrapper called as /etc/bacula/mount-wrapper /mnt/backup
mount-wrapper called as /etc/bacula/mount-wrapper /mnt/backup

It appears bacula calls the mount command as expected, but it never
calls the unmount command.  Not only does it not do it automatically
after a backup job completes, it doesn't even do it on an explicit
"umount" issued from the console.

Like you, I looked at bug 830 ( http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=830 )
which was closed as "fixed" on 2007-07-16 with the comment::  "Fixed in
current SVN. You must have the appropriate Mount/Unmount commands
defined in the Device resource and you must declare the device as
removable otherwise Bacula will not try to mount/unmount it."

Am I missing something?  Is there some reason bug 830 should NOT be
reopened?

Thx,

- Cedric