Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Howto make bacula unmount a disk after backup?

2009-08-25 10:19:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Howto make bacula unmount a disk after backup?
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:15:26 -0400
Adam,

See more info on what "Always Open" does at
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html

I'm thinking setting it to "no" would be more appropriate for what you're
trying to do.

However, you may find it more convenient to back up to once place and
create some other job to copy it to removable USB media when you're ready
to unmount it.  If you unmount it from a schedule and don't actually unplug
the drive you may not be able to write any more stuff to it until it's
unplugged/replugged.

    Bob