Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows path len limit of 260 chars still existant

2009-08-28 14:36:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows path len limit of 260 chars still existant
From: Martina Mohrstein <mmohr007 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:31:47 -0500
Hi,

I'm using Bacula 3.0.2 on a Windows 2003 R2 32bit Enterprise Server on all 3
tiers director,storage,file daemon. I knew that director and storage daemon are
not supported on this platform but the file daemon is and my follwing problem
is reported by the file damon.

While trying to backup Files with filenames longer than 260 characters I
alsways get the error "File not found".
Somewhere in the bacula FAQ's it is mentioned that this is only a old
limitation from That time that bacula disn't use Win32 unicode functions. But
from the time this unicode functions are used the limit should be 64K long
pathnames.

That sound fine. But with the newest availiable Bacula version I still gopt the
error with paths that are longer than 260 characters.

Must I set a special director config value to suppport longer pathnames to be
backed up. Or is the usage of VSS the problem.

To make it clear bacula server and client both are running the same OS and the
same bacula version.

Someone out there with the same problem?

Regars Martin

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0908axFotos2_WW
-> Für Fotos hier abdrücken <-