Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows restore

2009-08-27 07:36:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows restore
From: g d <gebbletook AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 04:31:45 -0700
I'm new to bacula and am considering it for a back up solution for a small business.

I've gotten the impression from reading the docs and wiki that it is difficult to restore a windows system (like windows server 2003 for instance) after a wipe.

Couldn't I just reinstall the OS, the registry backup, and the windows bacula client, reconfigure it and do a restore? I really only want some sql (ms sql, mysql) databases, and a directory full of pdfs backed up nightly in case of a failure or some kind of over write problem. What problems might I come across trying this method? Thanks for any comments in advance.

I just set up bacula on ubuntu 8.04 server, and have a couple win 2003 servers.