Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] spooling attributes for 16 hours and still going

2009-08-25 20:02:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] spooling attributes for 16 hours and still going
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:55:47 +1000
Running the director under windows with sqlite as the catalog, the
backup job takes hours and hours to run, and the speed is measured in
hundres of kb/second.

I turned on attribute spooling and the speed jumped to about 4mb/second,
and considering that gzip is being used that's pretty acceptable. The
backup finished pretty quick and started spooling the attributes about
16 hours ago, and it's still going.

>>From the looks of perfmon, the pagefile is getting hammered which
probably explains the problem.

Am I likely to get any better outcomes from using mysql? I'm going to
try it anyway but I'm interested to hear if others have had any
success...

Thanks

James