Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula incremental backup - can the reference be linked to the same Pool or Medium ?

2009-08-22 14:01:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula incremental backup - can the reference be linked to the same Pool or Medium ?
From: "Bekker" <bekker AT geo.uu DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:27:57 +0200
Dear Bacula users,

In my configuration I want to make 2 separate types of backups of one
machine:

- One going to LTO tape
- One going to disk

Currently I have one job definition per machine and change the Pool and
Storage when using a tape instead of the disk.

As I've tested the full backups work fine with this setup. But changed
files since last backup (tape or disk) only get written to tape or disk,
just which backup is ran first. Not to both !

I would prefer to keep tape and disk backups identical; ie all changed
files since the last backup on the specific medium should be written to
the same medium when the next incremental is made on that medium.

Is this setup possible in Bacula ? I have been checking the docs for quite
a while but can't seem to find out how to do this.

Kind regards,

Bekker