Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs problem

2009-08-20 00:33:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs problem
From: Christian Tardif <christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:09:18 -0400
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why I can't run concurrent jobs on my installation. The Director, the FileDaemon and the Storage are all set as:

Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

All the bacula setup resides on a single server: 2 SCSI tapes, data to backup, and bacula progs. I have two jobs I would like to run concurrently. They are both scheduled to start at the same time, with the same priority (10). One job is writing to one tape, and the other job is writing to the other tape.

I figured out how to get more informations about my jobs with show jobs. I was surprised to see this line on each job:

--> Client: name=localhost-fd address=localhost FDport=9102 MaxJobs=1

How come I get a MaxJobs=1 when, on the client definition, I have Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20?  I assume this is probably my problem, but I don't know how to fix this in my config files.

Thanks,

--

Christian...