Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VirtualFull for disk to tape jobs

2009-08-19 15:05:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull for disk to tape jobs
From: Troy Stanger <stanger AT sourcegear DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:38:56 -0500
I have some questions related to the new VirtualFull backup level in
bacula 3.0.  I have upgraded to 3.0 and am looking to use VirtualFull
jobs to synthesize our disk backups onto tape media.  This worked fine
the first week, but now I am running into some problems.  When I go to
run the next week's VirtualFull it pulls the last week's tape
VirtualFull as the Full backup its basing on.

The original Disk Full is still available and I would like that to be
used instead of the Tape Full.  Is there anyway to make that work?
I'm not seeing anything in the docs to help me with this.  I only have
one tape drive and I would really prefer to not have to bring in last
weeks offsite backup.

I know VirtualFull jobs are very new, but they way they are currently
implemented seems a little broken to me.

-Troy Stanger