Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Anyone written any handy queries (query.sql)???

2009-08-11 14:43:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Anyone written any handy queries (query.sql)???
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: Bacula-Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:39:39 -0400
I have modified my query.sql to include some queries that
I use frequently and I thought maybe someone else would
find them useful additions.  Also, I was wondering if anyone
had queries which they find useful and would like to share.

In my setup, I need to rotate tapes on a weekly basis to
keep offsites in case of emergency, so I need to find certain
groups of tapes for easy removal and it's easier to group
them in query output than having to scan down a 57 item long
list and pick out the ones I need (and other similar needs).

I hope someone finds this useful,
-John

##
:List Volumes Bacula thinks are in changer (By Slot)
SELECT Slot,VolumeName,MediaId AS Id,VolBytes/(1024*1024*1024) AS
GB,Storage.Name
  AS Storage,Pool.Name AS Pool,VolStatus
  FROM Media,Pool,Storage
  WHERE Media.PoolId=Pool.PoolId
  AND Slot>0 AND InChanger=1
  AND Media.StorageId=Storage.StorageId
  ORDER BY Slot ASC;

If you want ordered by VolumeName:
  ORDER BY VolumeName ASC;

If you want ordered by Pool, then Slot:
  ORDER BY Pool,Slot;

##
:List Full Volumes Bacula thinks are in changer (By Pool)
SELECT Slot,VolumeName,MediaId AS Id,Pool.Name AS Pool,VolStatus,
    VolBytes/(1024*1024*1024) AS GB
  FROM Media,Pool,Storage
  WHERE Media.PoolId=Pool.PoolId
  AND VolStatus='Full'
  AND Slot>0 AND InChanger=1
  AND Media.StorageId=Storage.StorageId
  ORDER BY Pool,Slot ASC;

If you want ordered by Slot:
  ORDER BY Slot ASC;

##
:List Non-Full Volumes Bacula thinks are in changer (By Pool)
SELECT Slot,VolumeName,MediaId AS Id,Pool.Name AS Pool,VolStatus,
    VolBytes/(1024*1024*1024) AS GB
  FROM Media,Pool,Storage
  WHERE Media.PoolId=Pool.PoolId
  AND VolStatus!='Full'
  AND Slot>0 AND InChanger=1
  AND Media.StorageId=Storage.StorageId
  ORDER BY Pool,Slot ASC;

If you want ordered by Slot:
  ORDER BY Slot ASC;

## (Change "Media.MediaType" entry below to match your settings)
:List All Tape Volumes Bacula knows about (By VolumeName)
SELECT Slot,VolumeName,MediaId AS Id,Pool.Name AS Pool,VolStatus,
    VolBytes/(1024*1024*1024) AS GB
  FROM Media,Pool,Storage
  WHERE Media.PoolId=Pool.PoolId
  AND Media.StorageId=Storage.StorageId
  AND Media.MediaType='LTO-2'
  ORDER BY VolumeName ASC;

If you want ordered by Pool and Slot:
  ORDER BY Pool,Slot ASC;

If you want ordered by Slot:
  ORDER BY Slot ASC;

##
:List All Volumes in a Pool
*Enter Pool name:
SELECT MediaId AS Id,VolumeName,VolBytes/(1024*1024*1024) AS GB,Slot,
    Pool.Name AS Pool,VolStatus
  FROM Media,Pool,Storage
  WHERE Media.PoolId=Pool.PoolId
  AND Pool.Name='%1'
  AND Media.StorageId=Storage.StorageId
  ORDER BY VolumeName ASC;

## (Not as useful as I thought it would be, but here it is)
:Show Log for JobId
*Enter JobId:
SELECT Time,LogText
  FROM Log