Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] problem using concurrent copy jobs

2009-08-06 07:22:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] problem using concurrent copy jobs
From: JanJaap Scholing <janjaapscholing AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:18:49 +0200

Hi,

I’ve got a problem using concurrent copy jobs.

This is the case:

I’ve got three pools

·         Disk-pool (backup to disk)

·         Disk2-pool (backup also to disk)

·         Migrate-pool (tape pool, next pool for both Disk-pool and Disk2-pool)

Every night backups are running to both the Disk-Pool and Disk2-pool. Every morning at 10 (Disk-pool) and 10:30 (Disk2-pool) there are copy jobs scheduled to copy the jobs from disk to tape.

The migrate pool makes use of a autochanger with 2 drives. And de disk pools make use of different had drives/directories.

I expected that the 2 copy jobs should run concurrently at the same time to  the 2 drives, but they are waiting on each other. And write the jobs to the same volume after each other.

Why is bacula only running on 1 drive when he is copying?

When I start another job who writes directly to the migrate-pool during a copy session, than he will use the second drive concurrently. But not during the copy jobs...

Strange.

I’m currently using the 3.0.3 (22 July 2009) version.

Regards

Jan Jaap

Haal meer uit je Hotmail met Internet Explorer 8. Download nu