Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?

2009-07-16 08:26:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?
From: mradczuk <m.radczuk AT gadu-gadu DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 05:21:25 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the fast replay.
I use Maximum Concurrnet Jobs directive on bacula-dir.conf, storage and fd.
But the problem is that I have one pool per bckuping host:

Client {
  Name = CLIENTNAME-fd
  Address = CLIENTNAME.atm
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "dupa"
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
  Auto Prune = yes
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 900
}

Job {
  Name = "CLIENTNAME-job"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = CLIENTNAME-fd
  FileSet = "CLIENTNAME-fileset"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = backup-server-NUMBER-sd
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = CLIENTNAME_Pool
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Priority = 10
}

Pool {
  Name = CLIENTNAME_Pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Label Format = "${Pool}"
}

FileSet {
  Name = "CLIENTNAME-fileset"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP
      onefs = no
    }
    File = /
  }

  Exclude {
    File = /proc
    File = /tmp
    File = /.journal
    File = /.fsck
    File = /mnt/glusterfs
    File = /sys
    File = /mnt/nfs/home
  }

I use some kind of parser to automaticly add new clients to bacula-dir. I
can't use spooling on different disks.
Now I try to cheat bacula-dir that I have more than 10 bacula-sd. I add to
dns more hostnames that have bacula-sd IP, doing new bacula-sd config
listening on other ports, and changing fd config. It is working for me now.
Buckups are going to one directory on the storage server, and I can run more
than one job per SD.
Thanks everyone for fast response.

Best Regards