Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with accurate backups

2009-06-15 00:16:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with accurate backups
From: Robert W Hartzell <bear AT rwhartzell DOT net>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:13:21 -0700
Falk Sauer wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> On Sonntag 14 Juni 2009 23:35:43 wrote:
>> I have installed both 3.0.0 & 3.0.1 on a test sever using the same
>> configuration and hardware as my production serer. Everything
>> works as expected until I enable accurate backups. I can run a
>> level full backup which runs with no problem but when I try an
>> incremental i get this error.
>>
>> JobId 2: Start Backup JobId 2, Job=Ws-104.2009-06-14_13.42.24_05
>> JobId 2: Created new Volume "DDS4-Daily_Vol-002" in catalog.
>> JobId 2: Using Device "DDS4-1"
>> JobId 2: Fatal error: Cannot find previous jobids.
>

>> and the email from the job contains this:
>>
>> JobId 2: Start Backup JobId 2, Job=Ws-104.2009-06-14_13.42.24_05
>> JobId 2: Created new Volume "DDS4-Daily_Vol-002" in catalog.
>> JobId 2: Using Device "DDS4-1"
>> JobId 2: Fatal error: Cannot find previous jobids.
>> JobId 2: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup:
>> ERR=Interrupted system call
>> JobId 2: Job Ws-104.2009-06-14_13.42.24_05 marked to be canceled.
>> JobId 2: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.
>> JobId 2: Error: Bacula Ws-104-dir 3.0.1 (30Apr09): 14-Jun-2009
>> 13:45:32
>>

>> The only thing that is see when running bacula with debug enabled
>> is some connection time out errors. These errors don't occur when
>> I disable accurate backups.
>>
>> OS is Solaris 10-5/09 X86
>>
>> Any idea what may be causing this?
>
> assumed bacula has no error in this new function ...
> sounds like a performance problem with your database. Can you try
> this again with a very small job and a new database?
>
> Regards
>    Falk

Since this is a test server i have tried many different size jobs from
20mb to 20gb all still with the same results :( I'm using MySQL 4.0.31.
This error returns almost instantly after the job starts.

I have also just noticed that i cannot select individual files when
doing a restore the error basically equates to

Building directory tree for JobId(s) 1 ...  Query failed:
-snip-
ASC: ERR=You have an error in your SQL syntax.

I get this error from selecting item #3 of the restore menu in bconsole
and inserting a correct jobid but i can do a full restore without error
just cannot select individual files.

So it seems there is some kind of issue with the database. Since it
happens with a freshly created database i wonder if it's being correctly
created or if my install is somehow messed up

I'm open to any trouble shooting ideas or test if anyone has any thoughts...

Bob