Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Set Pool For Job Using Python?

2009-04-21 14:13:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Set Pool For Job Using Python?
From: Jeremy Parrish <jeremyp AT msn.econoprint DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:46:29 -0500
Here is my situation:

We currently have 8 2TB USB HDDs. We want to do an 8-week rotation
with these drives. Each drive will be on site for backup for 1 week
and then in offsite storage for 7 weeks.

 From my brief experience, it seems that having all backups go to one
Pool will not work properly since the Volume bacula chooses to use/
recycle may not be present on the drive that is currently in on site.

The best solution I think of is to have 8 different Pools, and each
drive is associated with one of those Pools. The problem, however, is
that I do not see a way to dynamically select which Pool a Job will go
to based on what week it is.

I know I can fire off 8 jobs (one for each pool) and use a "Run Before
Job" script to cancel all but the proper Job, but there must be a
Better Way to accomplish this.

The job.Pool attribute is read-only in the Python scripting API, so
that does not seem to be the answer.

Any thoughts?

-Jeremy