Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring an Exchange storage group.

2009-04-17 21:56:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring an Exchange storage group.
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:50:18 +1000

> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is my first post, so hopefully I don't annoy to many folks around
here.

> I have been looking into deploying Bacula for our organization for the
last
> two weeks or so. For the last 2-3 days I have been exclusively testing
the
> Exchange 2003 plugin. So far I have been able to successfully make a
backup
> using the plugin, but I have not had a successful restore. I was
hoping that
> someone might be able to provide me with more information as to how to
> accomplish as successful restore. Specifically my restores are failing
> "create" the files on the client I am attempting to restore to. I have
read
> and re-read the documentation and am not sure why I am not supposed to
specify
> a path to restore to. If anyone can point me in the right direction I
would be
> grateful. Below is my specific error message:
>
> 17-Apr 01:24 bacula-dir JobId 41: Start Restore Job
RestoreFiles.2009-04-
> 17_01.24.10_54
> 17-Apr 01:24 bacula-dir JobId 41: Using Device "fileStorage"
> 17-Apr 01:24 exbacktest JobId 41: Error:
> /home/kern/bacula/k/src/findlib/mkpath.c:49 Cannot create directory
> /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/Mailbox
Store
> (EXWIZ)/E:: ERR=Invalid argument
> 17-Apr 01:24 mainStore JobId 41: Ready to read from volume
"ExchangeBackup-
> 0003" on device "fileStorage" (/opt/bacula).
> 17-Apr 01:24 mainStore JobId 41: Forward spacing Volume
"ExchangeBackup-0003"
> to file:block 0:222.
> 17-Apr 02:41 exbacktest JobId 41: Error:
> /home/kern/bacula/k/src/findlib/mkpath.c:49 Cannot create directory
> /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/Public
Folder Store
> (EXWIZ)/E:: ERR=Invalid argument
> 17-Apr 02:52 exbacktest JobId 41: Error:
> /home/kern/bacula/k/src/findlib/mkpath.c:49 Cannot create directory
> /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/F::
ERR=Invalid
> argument

It almost seems like the machine you are restoring to isn't running the
plugin, and that bacula itself is trying to restore the database files
(which should actually work too but not in a useful way and I haven't
tested it in quite a while).

James