Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore file in folder with accent

2009-04-09 06:47:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore file in folder with accent
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: François Mehault <Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:42:36 +0800
François Mehault wrote:
> I am able to restore a file or a folder with space and accent with
>
> $mark "Mes donn*"
>
> Or
>
> $mark "h* lol.txt"
>
> But I can't enter in a folder with space and accent

Is bconsole being run on the Windows 2008 machine? the FreeBSD server
the director is on? Some other machine?

If run on FreeBSD, is it being run directly via the physical console, or
via ssh/telnet? If via ssh/telnet, from which client/host?

By the way, the "C" locale is REALLY not what you want your server to
have if its dealing with anything but plain old ASCII. I'd seriously
consider migrating to the fr_FR.UTF-8 locale, so you use UTF-8 encoded
strings for file/directory names on the server, programs on the server
are expecting UTF-8, etc. The "C" locale bascially says "I don't care
about encoding and will not make any effort to behave sensibly with
8-bit text".

--
Craig Ringer