Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore file in folder with accent

2009-04-08 09:28:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore file in folder with accent
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: François Mehault <Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 21:22:47 +0800
François Mehault wrote:
> Hi All !
>
> I would like to restore a file which is in a folder named « Mes données ». As
> you can see there is accent in the folder's  name. So i can't enter in the
> folder on bconsole :
>
> $ dir
> -drwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel            0  2009-04-08 13:58:38  C:/Rep1/Mes
> données/
> -rwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel            8  2009-04-08 13:58:34
> C:/Rep1/héhé lol.txt

Really?

That's a nasty encoding bug, if so. Is this considered expected
behaviour from bacula? If so, I just found something I need to send a
patch in for, because I've done *LOTS* of work fixing application
encoding bugs and issues.

What database backend are you using? What's your locale on:

- The client where the fd runs
- The director server

On a Linux machine and some other UNIXes, you can get the locale info
with the "locale" command.

On Windows, use the "nlsinfo" command (Start->Run->cmd.exe, "nlsinfo").

--
Craig Ringer