Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I really need some help with bscan and trying to restore (repost)

2009-04-08 14:57:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I really need some help with bscan and trying to restore (repost)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Rick Knight <rick_knight AT rlknight DOT com>, Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:53:06 -0400
> I was finally able to get things to work by changing Address from my
> machine name, rick-desktop, to the localhost address 127.0.0.1 in the
> bacula config files.

Hmm. The correct fix is to remove 127.0.0.1 and localhost from all
bacula files and put the external ipaddress in it if you plan on
backing up more than 1 machine ever. Otherwise you can keep bacula
locked down as a single system network backup program.

> Clearly this is not the way it should work. Is it
> just a matter of the Debian/Kubuntu packager being too paranoid?

Yes, they effectively make bacula a single machine backup program
(with the exception of the ssh tunneling backups). However they do the
same with apache which is just as nuts. I mean install an Apache web
server that only the local host can access, I am sure there are good
reasons for this however 99% of users will have to change the
default..

John